- What's Happening?
- Security Incident
- Security Program
- Identity Management
- Business Continuity
- Log In
Handling Data Safely
The information security office has materials in UBLearns explaining how to handle data safely at UB. The materials explain what types of data we need to be concerned with, and what regulations apply to us.
Enrollment is open to anyone at UB.
To enroll in the course:
- Go to UBLearns at http://ublearns.buffalo.edu
- Click on "User Login" (located on the left side of the page) and login.
- Click on the Courses tab (located in the upper right corner of the page)
- In the Course Search box (located on the left side of the page), type "Handling Data Safely" and click on the "Go" button.
- You should see the course with the name of "Handling Data Safely."
- Under the course ID "ADM_CIO_010809 " is a small icon with two down arrows in it. Click that icon and select "Enroll".
- Click Submit (located on the right side of the page).
- Click OK (located on the right side of the page). This will bring you to the home page of the course. Read the text on
the home page, and complete the course by navigating through the menu
(on the left side bar) and following the directions within them.
You can complete portions of the course and then return to it at a later time. To return to the course, log into UBLearns and since you have already enrolled (using the above instructions), Handling Data Safely will now
be on your Course List on the Courses page. You can simply click on "Handling Data Safely" in your Course Lise to return to the course.
For help in accessing or completing the course, contact the
Information Security Office at